Tuesday

Stork Meal 9: Sour Cream Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Oh. My. Heaven.

So, I haven't even tasted this recipe (as I begin write this, but I tasted it by the end) but the smell in my house makes me want to do a little jig. I mean seriously people, I don't know what is more exciting. The fact that I have bacon in my crockpot or that it's wrapped around juicy chicken and covered in a smoked paprika cream sauce. Seriously folks, my nose is in heaven. And I have 8 people coming for dinner who will be the judges of it's fantasticity (That is totally a word)!

And now that I've tasted it... Oh yeah. This is a total keeper. So here is what you must do, run (don't walk) to the store and buy these ingredients:

Thick sliced bacon
4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (you can use thighs too)
2 cans of Cream of Chicken (or you can use mushroom if you prefer, but my kids prefer I don't)
1 cup of full fat sour cream (you already have bacon, come on you really going to use FF?)
2-3 Tablespoons of Smoked Paprika
Garlic Salt (or you can use real garlic [1-2 crushed cloves], but my kids prefer I don't)
Pepper (and salt if you don't use the garlic salt)

For preparation to go in your crockpot today: Wrap defrosted chicken in bacon and place in the bottom of a preheated crockpot. I usually turn mine on high then back to low when I'm all putting it in. Mix the soup, sour cream and all the spices together and taste, adjusting for your liking. Some days I need more paprika... some I need less. Depends on how snarky I am I think.  Pour well combined yummy sauce over the chicken in the crock and cover. Cook on High 4 hours or low 6-8 hours (until chicken is at 165). Serve over rice or noodles. Steamed carrots will be excellent with this meal.

For the freezer: Wrap frozen chicken breast in bacon and pack tightly into the bottom of a gallon sized zip lock bag. In another gallon bag combine Cream of chicken, sour cream, paprika (start with 1 table spoon first, taste and then add more to your liking), Garlic salt (again taste and see), and finally some pepper. Seal bag and mix well by squishing the bag many times. Make it all the same color. Taste and adjust to your families liking.

Store sauce and bacon wrapped chicken together in an additional freezer bag and label with this: Place chicken in the crockpot first, cover with sauce. Cook 4 hours on high, 6-8 on low. Serve with rice or pasta.

To see the other Stork Meals, click here.

2 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

I needed to make this faster...so I cut up the chicken and reduced the recipe by half...then I popped it into the oven at 350.

I'll let you know how that turns out.

KadoKatie said...

It looks great I am can't wait to try it! I have to say, however, that changing the setting on the crock pot won't do anything. Both high and low settings cook at the same temperature. Low just takes longer to get to there. So if it is already at the target temp, then turning it back to low won't change anything.
Yes, I know. I'm nit picky. But I'm really excited to try this. Thanks for posting!