Friday

Wheat Free Chocolate Sour Cream Cup Cakes

Because I'm now experimenting with wheat free, soy free, rice free, nut free, peanut free meals... I often come across a recipe that I don't want to lose. So then I think, where I can put said recipe? Duh, on the blog.

While this is not a freezer friendly meal, this is a treat and one I don't want to lose.

Ingredients:
2 eggs separated 
1/2 Vanilla
1/4 cup sour cream

Sift together:
1 1/4 cups of Quinoa Flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp
1/2 tsp salt

In a pan on the stove bring just to a boil 1/4 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of water. Trust me when I say the stove... I tried this in my microwave and it exploded. So right, bring to just a boil and whisk in 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.

Cool cocoa mixture then add the vanilla, sour cream and the egg yokes. Whisk until smooth. Now add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Will look like thick brownie mix.

Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry, then fold into the mixture. The mixture should now resemble cake mix.

Spoon into paper muffin liners and bake at 375 for 20 minutes.



No comments: