Monday

Oat Flour Pancakes

Saturday and Sunday we had company, so I wasn't able to get any meals concreted for my sister's freezer. But Sunday morning I experimented with some pancakes.

See in March, I was diagnosed with food allergies. Wheat, soy, tomatoes, peas, rice (RICE?!), nuts, peanuts, and I'm pretty sure potatoes are out. Still discovering some of them, but this has been hard. So, some of these meals I'm making for her freezer aren't even edible for me. But it's okay, because this is for her.

However, Sunday we made pancakes for the kids and of course I want them. But I'm not willing to deal with the pain. So I googled Oat Flour Pancakes (since I'd just purchased Oat Flour from New Earth -- the whole foods store in this area).

I whipped up the recipe and it was not, not, not, not okay. It was so runny, trying to turn them was a joke. And the taste was missing a lot. Just tasted like bland grossness. So, as a good chef does, I doctored it.

I added more Oat Flour and another egg, some vanilla, and some splenda.

Perfect.

Ingredients:
3 cups Oat Flour
3 eggs
2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup of oil or melted butter
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 packages of splenda

Make like normal pancakes and enjoy!

No comments: