Wednesday

Amazing Gluten Free Oatmeal Waffles

My kids were really starting to hate this wheat free/rice free life, so when I found this recipe (and tweaked it) for waffles I had to try. And when we loved it, I had to share.

I make three separate batches and cook them all up in an evening. Then I freeze them in ziplocks until the kids want to eat them. In the toaster oven they go and they are perfect in just a couple minutes.

It's homemade, it's healthy, and it's freezer friendly! Winning!

3 cups GF oat flour 
1 teaspoon xanthan gum 
1 teaspoon baking powder 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
3 eggs 
1/2 cup sour cream (or yogurt)
1 1/4 cups milk, plus more if necessary 
2 tablespoons olive oil 
1/2 cup sugar 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

Mix all dry ingredients together. 

Put all the wet ingredients in a mixer and mix until well blended. 

Add in the dry mix and then allow to sit 5 minutes. 

If the batter is too thick (it really varies depending on the day) then add some more milk and remix.

Cook on well oiled waffle iron until done.

Cool completely before bagging for the freezer.


No comments: