Saturday

Paleo Crockpot Fajitas

I was a little worried about this recipe at first because I love flavor (big duh) and there were very few ingredients in the sauce. And as I do with a lot of recipes, I was very tempted to hack it from the gate. I mean, my Chicken Pad Thai recipe came from two different recipes and my head and I'd never had it before or even attempted to make it before, but it worked and was divine.

I digress.

So right, I thought about hacking this before the gun, but decided that I'd let this one slide and just SEE how it turned out.

Boy, am I glad I did. Perfect amount of spices (a tad spicy for some pallets) but serious yum.

What you need:
3 Gallon sized bags

Bag 1, write Fajitas 4-6 hours on high

Bag 2, put in the following ingredients:
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
Juice of 2 Limes

I put mine in a bowl first then went DOH! So don't dirty a bowl you don't have to.  Ha!



Seal and squish until well mixed. Then add 1.5lbs of sliced flank steak (or any type of steak really). Seal the bag and toss around to coat well. 


Bag 3, put in the following ingredients:
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 onion sliced

Put Bag 2 and 3 inside bag 1 and freeze. On the day you want to cook it, you can stick it in the crockpot frozen (Just allow for extra cooking time) or you can thaw it in the frig the night before and put it in defrosted. I defrosted this time, but know factually that this recipe would work perfect in a pinch when still frozen because of the type of meat and sauce.


I served mine to the non Paleo-ans with tortilla's but for Toby and I, we had it on a bed of lettuce with Avacado. So delicious! 

Definitely a recipe I would make again!

No comments: