Monday

Mouth-watering Smokey Yummy-Goodness

Note: My original post is lost in space... but luckily there was a draft saved. So this isn't the whole thing, but it's close.

This recipe used to be called: BBQ Crock Pot Chicken but that title does not suit this chicken. Details below.

Oh goodness. You will not believe this recipe. So easy. So awesome. Finger licking amazing. I'm not sure I would call it BBQed anything but trust me when I tell you this chicken will be my forever go to when company is coming. So easy. So tender. So delicious. So amazing.

So serious.

I don't know why the original person called it BBQ. Maybe because it's red? Maybe because the sauce in the pot when it's done looks reminiscent of BBQ? I'm not sure, but whatever it was, I've renamed it to Mouth-watering Smokey Yummy-Goodness. Catchy right?

Also, this isn't your typical freezer meal... it's better. Because you seriously only need three things on hand. The chicken (grab some whole chickens and put them in your freezer for when you need them), the onion (you can pre-slice and freeze in pouches, but be sure to double bag to keep the stench contained;)), and the  spices (again, you can premix this. I am actually thinking about making a huge vat so that I have it on hand to add to anything I want). LOL Because it's that good. Seriously. This is my new go-to meal for company. Seriously. Delicious!

Ingredients
 1 whole chicken, giblets removed and cleaned
 1 white onion, sliced
 2 tsp smoked paprika
 1 tsp sea salt
 1 tsp onion powder
 1 tsp dried thyme
 1 tsp white pepper
 1 tsp chipotle powder
 1/2 tsp garlic powder
 1/2 tsp black pepper

Instructions
Line the bottom of your crock pot with the sliced onions and place the thawed chicken on top.


Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.

Using your hands, rub mixture over the entire chicken, inside and out and underbelly too. It actually looks like I missed a spot on the leg there... I'll do better next time.

Place the lid on your crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or until your chicken is done.

 OR if you have one of the newer crockpots like I do (I have  Hamilton Beach 33967 Set 'n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker), use your probe and set it to low and 160. These are the coolest things. You will NEVER overcook chicken again. You set it to 160 and stick the probe in the breast closest to the bone. And it will measure the temp of the meat every 30-60 seconds.


When it reaches your desired temp, the crockpot turns itself off and goes to warm so that it does't overcook your chicken! It's brilliant!
And after a quick look at Amazon, they are on sale this week! 

The result will be this mouth watering chicken that your family will come back asking for more! It's seriously soo good.


No comments: