Friday

Crockpot Fajitas

I absolutely love fajitas, so when a freezer friendly recipe enterened my vision, I was all there.  It's so simple it's almost illegal! I kept thinking, why didn't I think of this?!

Ingredients for the Ziplock:
  • 1 lb of Whole Chicken Breasts (or any meat will work)
  • 3 Peppers (Green, Red & Yellow), sliced
  • 1 Onion, sliced
  • 1 Tablespoon chopped/minced garlic 
  • 1 Package of Taco Seasoning (or you can make your own recipe here. )
  • 1/2 cup of chicken broth
Throw everything into the zip lock and seal. That's it.

Instructions for cooking:
When you take it from the freezer you have two choices, dump in the crockpot frozen (just will take a little longer) or defrost in your frig the night before. Now, because I hate cut onion stinking up my frig, I always stick mine in frozen. Though if you double bag your meal, you won't have this issue.
  1. Pour the contents of the bag into the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hrs (or high for 3-4)
  2. Serve with tortillas and all the toppings - sour cream, guacamole, cheese, lettuce, etc.
Of course there are no photos because when the food is ready, the natives are restless and usually it's only after it's devoured that I remember I needed a photo. So, I am making this on Superbowl Sunday and will supply pictures at that time.

(Updated to say: Super Bowl Sunday came and went and no one thought of taking pics. Go me us. However, I know for a fact this is going to become a staple in this household because the kids [all three of them] asked for the leftovers on more then one occasion on separate days. So that is a total win.)

No comments: