Ingredients for the Ziplock:
- 1 lb of Whole Chicken Breasts (or any meat will work)
- 3 Peppers (Green, Red & Yellow), sliced
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped/minced garlic
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning (or you can make your own recipe here. )
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
Instructions for cooking:
When you take it from the freezer you have two choices, dump in the crockpot frozen (just will take a little longer) or defrost in your frig the night before. Now, because I hate cut onion stinking up my frig, I always stick mine in frozen. Though if you double bag your meal, you won't have this issue.
- Pour the contents of the bag into the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hrs (or high for 3-4)
- Serve with tortillas and all the toppings - sour cream, guacamole, cheese, lettuce, etc.
Of course there are no photos because when the food is ready, the natives are restless and usually it's only after it's devoured that I remember I needed a photo. So, I am making this on Superbowl Sunday and will supply pictures at that time.
(Updated to say: Super Bowl Sunday came and went and no one thought of taking pics. Go