Monday

Perfect Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (Wheat free)

As some of you know, I've been cataloging good wheat free recipes (that don't have much to do with a freezer) on this blog for a while. Mostly because I don't want to lose these recipes and know the best place to share them is on the website. This is so when I go to a friend's house and want to make wheat free treats, I know exactly where to get the recipe.

Today's wheat free treat is a Chocolate Chip Cookie that holds up to the chocolate chip cookies of old. These even gives nestle tollhouse a run for its money! No really!

The original recipe is from Pampered Chef's Gluten Free cook book. Haven't seen it? You should really check it out and it's only $8! Such a good deal. But I digress!

So this recipe called for Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour blend... Blech. No thanks. I've tried this on numerous occasions and it's horrid. I mean really horrid! So, like a good recipe crasher, I decided to hack it up and see if I could make it FABULOUS without ruining my appetite!

The result? The perfect Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookie! No like really. I've eaten three.

Yields 36 regular sized cookies

Dry Ingredients:
3 cups Oat Flour
3 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix together and set aside.

Wet Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups of packed brown sugar
1 cup of butter (two sticks)

Cream together in a large mixing bowl with hand mixer.

More wet ingredients:
2 eggs
2 tsps of Vanilla

Add eggs and vanilla with hand mixer and blend well. Now add dry mix to bowl and beat until the dough looks like your joe average cookie dough!

Now add in one WHOLE package of semi sweet morsels and stir with bamboo/wooden spoon. Stir until combined.

Parchment line your cookie sheets (Makes for easier clean-up) and I used the pampered chef medium scoop (2 tablespoons worth scoop) to make perfect rounded balls. I love my scoops!

Place in preheated oven at 350 for 14 minutes. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before you move them. This was the tip from the original recipe and since I know GF recipes can be tricky (because they don't bind well) I wanted to make sure I obeyed! But after waiting, I believe this cookie could have been moved a lot earlier and cooled on the wire rack. But it didn't change the cookie process.

Seriously. Seriously. These are the best GF cookies I've ever eaten. PERIOD. Even my Oatmeal cookie recipe I love more then life itself might have to get a hack to see if it will come out as thick and delicious as this. Seriously.

(For those asking, I'm not a Pampered Chef consultant, nor have I ever been one. But everything I use in my kitchen is Pampered Chef. So when I refer to a product, I will try to use a link to help you purchase. The products used in this recipe are as follows: Stainless Mixing Bowls, Medium Scoop, Easy Read Measuring cups, Bamboo Spoons, Adjustable Measuring Spoons, Large Sheet Pans, and Stackable Cooling Rack. )

No comments: