Tuesday

Stork Meal 7: Cilantro Lime Chicken

Ohhhh yummy. It would have been even better with dark meat, but goodness was this meal great.

I wish I could remember where I wrote down the initial recipe from so I could give them a shout out, but for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere in my search results!

However, I did tweak the recipe a little (I bet you are sooo surprised) so maybe they would be shocked and perplexed.

Split between two gallon zip locks:
6 boneless chicken breasts (or equivalent boneless thighs)
2 cans corn (undrained)
2 cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 red onion (diced)
1 tube of cilantro (or a whole bunch of cilantro)
Juice of two limes (or about 1/3-1/2 cup of lime juice total)

2 tablespoons of cumin
1-2 tablespoon of garlic

Mash bag well to combine.

Split between two quart bags:
4 cups of rice
2 chicken bouillon cubes (crushed into the rice bag)

Put one bag of each mixture into another gallon ziplock. Seal and label:
Cilantro Lime Chicken
4 hour on High or 8 hours on low
Combine rice bag with 2 cups of water and microwave for 5 minutes

Next time I make this meal, I may add in some chopped roasted red peppers for some more color... or even some tomatoes (that I can't eat). Not that it was missing anything... I just love color ;)

To see the other Stork Meals, click here.

No comments: