Friday

Stork Meal 6: BBQ Pork Spare Ribs

This recipe could be really, really easy if you were in a bind.

2lbs of Country style pork ribs
1 onion cut in big chunks
2 bottles of BBQ sauce
Stick in the crockpot high 3-4 hours or low 6-7 and voilĂ !

However, this is totally not the way I roll. I have to do everything from scratch for a few basic reasons. Allergies. Allergies. And high fructose corn syrup.

So here is the recipe for the others of you who aren't in a "hurry up and get it in the crockpot".

2lbs Country style pork ribs
1 onion cut into big chunks

Add the following ingredients to a gallon sized ziplock .
1 and 1/2 cups of ketchup (Heinz Organic has no HFCS)
1 and 1/2 tablespoons of season salt
1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
I large onion quartered

Seal bag and mix by mashing the bag between your fingers until everything is the same color, texture, etc.
 Add the onions and pork and seal. Mash again and it's ready to be double bagged and frozen.

Defrost. Cook on high 3-4 hours in the crockpot or low 6-7 hours.

(Note, because this meal has ketchup in it, it does qualify in some folks books as a veggie. However, I always make an extra veggie for this meal. So, I included a quart sized bag of broccoli for them to steam the day they make the meal.) I also have a baguette for this meal, so I'd probably recommend them making this meal ASAP as I will include the baguette that is fresh.

To see the other Stork Meals, click here.

No comments: